Our Engineering Client Based in Stockport are looking for a Machine shop foreman (night shift) Salary 45k per annum DOE
To assist in the supervision of each section of skilled and semi-skilled personnel to achieve all the quality, budgetary and delivery objectives, whilst continually reviewing methods, to reduce costs and improve performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To liaise with the Day shift Foreman (Machining) to lead, facilitate, monitor and develop an efficient and effective production in their departments.
- To ensure standards of quality and workmanship to BS EN ISO 9001 AS9100 are met at all times.
- To ensure all health and safety regulations are observed and maintained.
- To maintain and encourage high morale and initiative through positive leadership in a professional and courteous manner and promote effective communication.
- Ensuring all labour is utilised to their maximum capacity.
- Ensuring all documentation and drawings on the shop floor complies with BS EN ISO9001 & AS9100.
- Maintain and encourage the cleanliness of the working environment.
- Responsible for effective communication between the management and the workforce and vice versa.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings and processes
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Problem solving
- Ability to lead
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Continually strive to improve, by review of the working procedures, the efficiency of the business instigating change as required through appropriate management structure.
- 2 to 4 years machining experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
- Good knowledge and experience of turning & milling.
- Working knowledge of relevant tooling applications and machine tool capability including tool feed and speeds required to achieve efficient cycle times.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to work nights
If you feel you have the required credentials for the role and are looking for an opportunity working for a internationally renown organisation
Then please apply forwarding an up to date cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line
To view more jobs from Bamford Contract Services, Find us on Facebook bamfordcs or follow us on Twitter bamfordcs.