Maintenance Engineer Permanent position, Monday to Friday, days and backshift alternating weeks, No Night shifts, 28 days holiday plus stats, Salary up to up to £32K for the right person
Location of the role: Uxbridge
We are recruiting for an Maintenance Engineer for a Food Client based in the Uxbridge area. Due to expansion within the business and further business wins they are looking to add additional expertise to their Engineering team.
This offers the opportunity for individuals seeking to work within a business that has great expansion plans and further progression throughout the next 3 years.
You will join an established yet proactive engineering team and be able to work on new equipment and existing equipment focussing on Continuous Improvement
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer :
- You will be responsible for dealing with both reactive and preventative across the whole site.
- You will be involved with a variety of projects such as, PPM, Continuous Improvement and New Machinery Installations along with other colleagues within the company.
- Diagnose and resolve faults, machine emergencies or unplanned problems in a systematic and logical manner
- Another key attribute is to be able to plan and apply forward-thinking, to ensure limited downtime.
- Problem solves one-off and recurring issues to implement effective corrective actions
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures for each machine
To be successful in role:
- You will need to hold one of the following qualifications to be considered: City and Guilds Level 3, NVQ Level 3 or BTEC (Apprenticeship) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- You will need to be competent in dealing with breakdowns on FMCG Production Machinery
- Industry experience within one of the following areas is essential: Food, Drink, Packaging, Print, Textiles or any other FMCG environment.
- The following job titles that would be considered for this role would be; Maintenance Engineer, Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Technician, Maintenance Electrician, Multi Skilled Technician, Shift Technician, Maintenance Technician, Shift Engineer or Shift Maintenance Fitter.
- Excellent attitude and passion towards their work and be willing to undertake further training.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
In return, the client can offer excellent opportunities to grow within the business, obtain further training & development, within a business that is investing heavily within the next 3 years.