The client are a successful and renowned global steel processing facility. They are seeking a multi skilled engineer with an electrical bias. The company offer a clean, pleasant environment to work in. They are also a friendly team.
The principle job function is to facilitate the highest production from the process lines by preventative and predictive maintenance. To offer a prompt response to breakdowns.
The company are based in West Bromwich so is easily commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Willenhall, Dudley, Tipton, Halesowen, Stourbridge.
Duties and responsibilities are;
- To provide breakdown cover across the organisation
- To assist the works engineer in ensuring that all machines run to maximum efficiency through use of preventative maintenance systems
- To ensure repairs are effected for the minimum cost.
- To liaise with the shop floor operatives and team leaders on relevant issues.
- To liaise with the quality team to ensure a continuing reduction in rejections due to faulty machines both in house and client returns.
I would welcome applications from candidates who meet the following criteria;
- To have previous experience of plant maintenance on metal processing machines such as blanking, shearing, slitting, piercing machines or to come from a heavy manufacturing industry background.
- Be both electrical and mechanically knowledgeable but with a bias towards electrical.
- Have a relevant electrical qualification such as City & Guilds, 16th, 17th or 18th edition etc.
- Working knowledge of PLC fault finding, preferably Siemens but other PLC experience will be acceptable
- Able to work on a 3 shift rotation basis
- Hydraulics and pneumatic knowledge
Hours of work are ; 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am, rotating on a weekly basis
Benefits are; Free parking on site, Pension, Cycle to work scheme, voucher schemes
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.