Maintenance Manager required to join a leading manufacturer in the West Midlands area.
As the successful Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery run to their maximum efficiency and output. In this role you will be instrumental in the implimentation of a new PPM system, will have a strong electrical background and will have experience of programming and fault-finding on PLC and drive systems.
This position is a mix of office based and hands-on and requires someone with recent hands-on experience.
Salary - £45,000-£55,000
Working Hours - 08:00-16:00
Private Health Care
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Audit and ensure compliance of the engineering data systems
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Must have extensive industrial plant level experience with proven man management experience.
- Will have completed an indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical/ electrical/ electronic discipline.
- Will be able to identify and select appropriate electrical control gear and transducers.
- Will be able to fault find on PLC and drive systems via computer aided devices.
- Will be able to read and follow electrical wiring and schematic drawings, with the ability to build, modify, maintain and install electrical systems.