A national latent defect insurance provider now have a Major Projects Manager vacancy available, to ensure effective risk management of complex projects within London and the South East. Applicants will be chartered (MIStructE, CEng, MCABE, MRICS) with high rise structural warranty experience. Salary up to £70,000.
To support the Major Projects team in ensuring large high rise and/or complex projects are efficiently risk managed, with adequate resource and planning in place.
- Support and engage in the commercial development of the territory.
- Manager of technical risk in relation to Major Project developments requiring an enhanced audit process, from enquiry to completion.
- Conduct site inspections to support Major Projects Surveyors in order to ensure risk management is being applied as specified throughout the construction process.
- Target continuous improvement in relation to site specific KPI's relating to service delivery and risk management.
- Development of a designated team of surveyors; mentoring and arranging training with management as required.
- Oversee service levels to ensure they are upheld within all relevant sites, with priority given where necessary to high risk sites.
- Providing ongoing advice to Surveyors, developers and clients on technical matters in order to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Advise the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical matters.
- Contribute to newsletters and technical articles and other internal reviews of the business.
- Attend technical, sales and management meetings.
- MRICS/ MBEng / MIStructE qualified
- Relevant post-qualification experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations (including guidance in the Approved Documents) and other relevant construction standards including British Standards/Codes of Practice and European Technical Standards
- Technical or warranty expertise in major high-rise construction techniques
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desired
- Commercial awareness
- Relationship manager, with strong communication skills and flexible personal approach
- Full UK Driving License
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.