Working for this leading construction contractor, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland within the demolition division which is a specialist contractor delivering complex demolition, deconstruction, cut and carve and civils enabling works across multiple sectors. They are well established within our core markets and are now looking to underpin our work-winning strategy by building capability within new areas. This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and a professional approach to work-winning. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Managing Estimator, based from HQ in Wembley or Kings Cross London and either way, you will be working within a dynamic and expanding work-winning team. Your primary focus will be on estimating projects whilst coaching, training and mentoring an existing team. Your practical and technical expertise, coupled with full support from management, will allow you to embed yourself, lead and develop a team whilst further progressing your career.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. Working closely with other professionals including Construction Managers, Planners and Design teams you will value engineer solutions for clients and secure work to ensure continued company growth: More specifically:
- Examine incoming tenders in depth to review risks, opportunity and value engineering solutions for us and our clients
- Provide credible leadership, creating a culture of trust which identifies and exceeds tender deliverables
- Inspire others to achieve results, leading by example through driving continuous improvement of established processes and carrying out lessons learnt
- Develop the leadership potential of others and improve performance through consistent feedback and coaching.
You will have
To be successful as Managing Estimator you will have:
- be an exceptional leader who will help challenge and enhance the performance of our work-winning team
- Proven estimating experience in demolition, cut and carve, facade retention, temporary works and/or soft strip tenders
- Previous experience leading a team and mentoring / training junior team members.
You will get
As Managing Estimator you will enjoy competitive salary, generous annual leave & comprehensive benefits package:
- Salary is competive & negotiable individually
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare and car/car allowance
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an on-site gym,
- Ffree breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches and all food preferences catered for
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!