EB5699 Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: Negotiable (Dependant on experience)
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays; life assurance; company pension scheme; employee retail discount programme; salary sacrifice schemes, i.e. cycle to work, childcare vouchers; company bonus scheme; training & development opportunities; free on-site parking; recognition schemes, i.e. long service, team member of the month.
Hours: 0630-1630 Monday to Friday.
Forces Recruitment Services are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to support manufacturing operations by resolving build quality problems, improving tools and processes and ensuring the smooth introduction of project related product changes and new features.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged, however all applications will be considered
- Identify and action waste elimination through response to Takt time variation.
- Define and implement build processes with consideration to appropriate Health & Safety and Quality standards.
- Ensure the support process documentation with particular attention to visual management techniques.
- Using a “hands on” approach, you will proactively utilise both lean principles and problem solving tools and techniques within the workplace to respond to “Takt time variation”, build quality issues
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems, Cost of Quality concerns and issues raised by teams on Problem and Countermeasure boards, leading problem solving teams where appropriate
- Be responsible for signing product change notifications
- Work with colleagues in all cross-functional projects to ensure smooth transition across the manufacturing facility. One Manufacturing Engineer will be nominated as the department’s representative on major projects, and will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant information is transferred to the project team and back to the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Knowledge and use of quality analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Understanding of Jig & Tool design
- Excellent communication skills
- Industrial engineering techniques (desirable)
- Project management skills (desirable)
- Lean methodology (desirable)
- HND or equivalent