|Location||Montrose, Angus||Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
New opportunity for an experienced manufacturing/quality engineer with sound knowledge of production scheduling and machine shop operations.
Our client is a thriving manufacturer and this appointment will help them to plan and develop methods, procedures and schedules to conduct a continually improving quality process.
* Take a leading role in the further establishment of creating an environment where there is a Total Quality attitude and behaviour.
* Work with the Production team in cost and inventory reduction projects, strive to streamline flow of products and reduce product and transactional costs.
* Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production arena.
* Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
* Evaluate and approve drawings, routings / MI's, specs and other documents.
* Design and procure tools/equipment.
* Process development and documentation of manufacturing work instructions.
* Support prototyping activities of new product development.
* Identify and quickly resolve problems through root cause problem solving.
* Develop and document CNC programs, machine setup sheets, manufacturing standards and instructions. Verify these items are understood and sustainable
* Create programs for CNC machines and, if required, support proving of programs
* Lead and/or actively participate in kaizen team activities
* Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards
* Work closely with Design Engineering on product design changes and/or new product development to include evaluation of tooling, fixtures, and work stations
* Experienced in machining and assembly practices, tools and fixturing.
* Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
* Excels at working in a team environment.
* Familiar with product construction and application.
* Computer literate particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications. Working knowledge of Solidworks, Edgecam and AutoCAD is desirable.
Interested? Then please apply ASAP!