A Contract Manufacturing Engineer Job opportunity have become available, within a well-established Aerospace Manufacturing business. Located near Birmingham, this company is offering a competitive hourly rate and a long duration contract, for the right engineering professional.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Purpose
The Manufacturing Engineer's will be responsible for developments, process enhancements and alteration activities.
Manufacturing Engineer Duties include
- Supervise and participate in PFMEA activities, across various business teams.
- Make sure that processes and existing methods of manufacture are proficient.
- Generate or amend data on the ERP system.
- Work in a team environment to develop production ideas.
- Help design and create standard operation procedures.
- Assist production areas, in resolving technical problems as/when required.
- Produce KPIs on a regular basis.
- Analyse manufacturing processes through time motion studies, suggest enhancements.
- Be involved with Value Stream Mapping and 3P events and contribute in designing and improving single process flow.
Manufacturing Engineer Desired Skills
- Experience working within a similar role.
- Aerospace sector experience (2 years or multiple projects preferred).
- Physical process change experience (NPI, Factory transfer).
- Capability assessments experience (FAIR/LAIR).
- Six Sigma Green Belt, or accredited lean skills gained within a Six Sigma environment.
- Able to use Quality tools such as 8D and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
Manufacturing Engineer position benefits -
- Competitive hourly rate and lengthy duration.
- Friendly working environment and hours.
- Working for a leading and ever growing manufacturing business.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.