Our client is a market leading UK manufacturing organization, with a large portfolio of manufacturing operations and sites based across the UK and Internationally. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, they hold an enviable position in their specialist sector as a market leader. With a commitment to Continuous Improvement and an aspiration toward WCM they are now seeking a driven and experienced Manufacturing Plant Manager to take the manufacturing agenda and factory operations to the next level.
This is a high-profile role within our clients manufacturing operations, where you will be responsible for the delivery of multi-million unit output operation, in a continuous process manufacturing environment, ensuring products are manufactured to the highest possible quality standards and produced at the lowest possible cost.
As such they are seeking an inspirational leader to manage, motivate and develop their factory manufacturing teams where continuous improvement is at the heart of all you do. Naturally you will be an exceptional communicator, commercially astute and a customer champion, able to deliver production targets against the highest health and safety, quality, environmental and cost expectations. The safety of their people is of the upmost importance and working safely is the only way they operate.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL:
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused program of training and development to reflect this.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- People management and motivation to create a flexible, effective and multi skilled workforce across all disciplines
- Preparing and then managing the Factory's annual budget ensuring that all planned spend is correctly costed and cash flow managed in accordance with the Company's fiscal policies
- Ensuring that the Factory 5 year plan is continually updated and delivered
- Rigorous application of Manufacturing Systems to deliver continuous improvement across all of factory operations and exceed all KPI's
- Working with the factory team to identify, submit and then implement suitable capital improvement projects to deliver efficiency or safety improvements
- Working collaboratively across all functions of the business to utilise specialist support to deliver key projects
- Develop new products that will ensure our client is at the forefront of market trends and comply with all current and future environmental and sustainability developments
- Our client aspires to operate to world class standards and therefore a fully comprehensive training plan will be implemented to address any necessary skills development to ensure you are as effective as possible in this role.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills with the potential and ambition to progress into a more senior role in the future
- Proven ability to develop an experienced manufacturing team to increase efficiency across the factory whilst surpassing customer expectations
- The ability to analyse and interpret data to identify key trends and opportunities to increase profitability.
- Demonstrable application of problem-solving tools and techniques to deliver efficiency improvements combined with an empowering management style and the ability to delegate
- An in-depth knowledge of current Health and Safety, Environmental and Employment Laws and best practice application of these within a manufacturing environment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- NEBOSH qualified (or equivalent)
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- Sound engineering knowledge
Remuneration: Competitive salary and remuneration package, plus company car, bonus and additional benefits
Position: Manufacturing Plant Manager / Factory Manager