Position: Manufacturing Plant Manager
Salary: Circa £60k per annum + Bonus + plus company car, bonus and additional benefits
Location: Close to Mansfield area
To take overall responsibility and leadership for factory operations ensuring that performance targets (for example quantity, quality, costs, safety etc) are either met or exceeded.
An international FMCG Manufacturer
- Responsible for the overall management of the site circa 60/70 heads covering all operations.
- Control all costs that directly affect the plant's performance - Budgets, P & L, Capex etc
- Direct and lead all operations within the plant.
- Provide functional leadership within the plant.
- Accountable for all QHSE initiatives across the site.
- Responsible for all site capital projects.
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the all departments.
- Maintain plant infrastructure for future viability and growth.
- Accountable for providing a safe working environment.
- Set overall expectations/standards and motivate employees to perform.
- Drive a continuous improvement mind-set within plant environment towards world class manufacturing
- Support cluster leads around strategy, policy and risk management.
- Ensure talent management and succession planning strategies are executed.
Key Experience and Requirements
- Site General Manager, plant manager, operations manager, factory manager or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent, ideally in a managerial or engineering manufacturing related discipline.
- Substantial experience gained in a senior level operations role within a complex, results orientated environment.
- Able to demonstrate track record of success in a changing, fast moving environment.
- Experience and sustainable success of managing change through a business/site.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Experience of active strategic input.
- Ability to clearly identify bottlenecks within a manufacturing process, capable of quickly interpreting and 'owning' the process and able to extrapolate the detail.
- Highly KPI orientated - capable of achieving over and above expectations, use the information to create further business growth/development.
- Customer orientation - realisation of who the customer is, strives to over deliver in all areas and experience of delivering change across the business.
- Passion for results, able to influence and persuade, apply logical thinking and common-sense approach.
- Able to develop strong relationships with existing team at all levels.
- Strong leadership style.
- Gain instant credibility and respect from peers and sub-ordinates. Create a presence and instant level of authority.
- Formal CI and/or Lean raining e.g. Kaizan, 5S, GMP, SMED, OEE