Leading supplier of integrated solutions for multiple uses are seeking an experienced Contract Mechanical Design Engineer to complete a 6 month contract. Excellent rates available for the right candidate.
The Contract Mechanical Design Engineer will play a pivotal role in the design of new assemblies and support the development of new products via an in-depth knowledge of Mechanical Design within a high technology environment
The Successful Candidates
The Contract Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following skills and experiences
- Extensive practical experience of using Solidworks / Catia
- Undertake work to progress Engineering Change Notices
- Investigation of ECN, resolution of issue, contact suppliers, document and draw corrections.
- Provide drawings to mechanical engineers within the the group
- Specification, component selection and design of sub-assemblies
- Design calculations in support of design (hand and FEA calculations)
- Preparation of technical construction documents
- Creation of bill of materials
- Development of test specifications
- Support production
- Field support