A London based, in-house design team are looking for a SolidWorks mechanical design engineer experienced in new product development, high volume injection moulding with an understanding of mechanical design principles, novel mechanisms and manufacturing. Rapid prototyping, testing and a hands-on approach to product development.
The right engineer will be looking to be challenged technically with projects that are interdependent and complex. Have experience in the consumer or medical device market, sourcing materials and designing for manufacture.
As their mechanical design engineer you will have;
- A degree in design engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in new product development.
- Strong mechanical design principles and technical documentation experience.
- Ability to implement FMEA.
- Mechanism design and familiar with electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience of a high volume manufacturing process.
- Able to use CAD - SolidWorks as a mechanical design engineer.
Some desirable skills are;
- Mechanical design engineering of handheld or small consumer electronics products.
- Machine shop experience.
- Problem-solving at a technical level.
- Able to own BOM and drawing release data.
- Product validation and commissioning experience.
- Working closely with manufacturing partners in Asia and the U.S.
On a personal level, they would like someone with an interest in mechanical products and outgoing and motivated personality. Someone who enjoys being part of a team and a fast-paced environment with technical and commercial drivers.
If you are a mechanical design engineer and would like to apply for more information please click apply or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.