Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £42,000
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in design special purpose/bespoke machinery or pneumatic equipment? Have you designed for manufacture and used FEA skills?
If so, we want to hear from you. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who has the capability to create design solutions and products, adhering to specifications. Working in a talented team, you will use your experience to hit the ground running!
Primary Activities and Skills:
The successful candidate can expect to contribute to the design and development of industrial package solutions. Any experience in pumps, pneumatics or compressors will be of great interest to us.
- Communicate with suppliers to develop design solutions to quality, cost and performance targets
- Develop and maintain design and project engineering control documents
- Create 3D design and 2D drawings to company and industry standards
- Calculate and analyse to validate the competence of design
- Use tools such as DFMEA; Root Cause Analysis; DFMA to assess risk.
- Bills of Materials and Illustrated parts/user manuals
- Prepare and maintain project maturity and reporting documentation
Design Engineer candidate specification
To be successful in this position, you will show experience and traits in the following:-
- The capacity to develop your own priorities aligned to the objectives
- Understanding of the design for fabrication and assembly - Essential
- Understanding of typical material properties and their application to product design and functionality
- Strong mechanical designer with demonstrated capabilities for GD&T; DFMA with Process requirements in design appreciation
Design Engineer - Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified within Design or engineering - HND/Time served apprentices will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in a whole design or development environment
- Experience designing Special purpose equipment involving Air Compression's, Pumps, Pneumatic, Hydraulics, Fabrications
- Experience using either Autodesk Inventor OR Solidworks.
- Experience with Autocad
- Working knowledge of engineering quality and production procedures
- Life Assurance
- Health cashback plan
To learn more, please apply now and we will endeavour to let you know within 48 hours if your application will be considered.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.