EB6208 Mechanical Fitter
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Hours: Monday to Friday (38 Hours a Week)
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, Paid Sick Scheme,
Free Life Assurance and Access to a Stakeholder Pension Scheme
Our Client who is one of the Leading UK Chemical manufacturer of intermediates is now looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter to carry out mechanical fitting work and maintenance duties. The Mechanical Fitter must be able to use drawings and manuals to install, overhaul and repair pumps, fans, mills, vessels, tanks and specialised process equipment.
The successful candidate for the role of Mechanical Fitter must hold either a recognized engineering apprenticeship or have completed a formal engineering qualification.
This Mechanical Fitter role comes with a very competitive salary, 25 Days Holiday which includes Bank Holidays. The Mechanical Fitter will be required to work Monday to Friday at the hours of 0800 hrs until 1600 hrs.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
Experience / Qualifications:
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels, Welding equipment and Confined Spaces.
Interested applicants in this role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.