Salary: £18,500 + performance related bonus (this could increase your salary by £4,000pa)
Location: Field Service covering Yorkshire (Blackburn, Bradford, Harrogate, Halifax, Leeds and York)
Are you ex-military or currently serving but looking for a new and exciting opportunity in the Utilities Industry?
The Meter Data Technician is responsible for the downloading data from commercial customers’ electric meters (including factories, schools, hospitals and council buildings), covering the Yorkshire area, however the flexibility to travel out of region is required as necessary, with some occasional overnight stays, covered for by the employer.
Our client works with many public and private establishments, and you will be expected to provide courteous service during your visits.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
- Upon arrival on site, liaise with the relevant customer contact to gain access to the meter
- Download the meter data and carefully check the Meter Point Asset No (MPAN) and Meter Serial Number to ensure access to the correct meter
- Record the data onto SMR Software
- In the event you cannot gain access to site or locate the correct meter, write up notes on system to record any unreadable downloads on the system.
- Promptly respond to scheduling enquiries and maintain frequent contact with Head Office
- Maintain the tools and company vehicle on a weekly basis
Skills and attributes required:
- Must be able to obtain a DBS certificate
- Must hold a full UK driving license with supported documentation
- People skills, teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent customer service and expected to provide courteous service during your visits.
- Accurate data inputting skills
- Security and commercially aware
- Health & Safety at work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to react to customer facing situations professionally
- Flexible approach to travel
- Demonstrate ownership of issues and use initiative
- Self-motivated and confident
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Smart and presentable at all time
- Keeping the company’s vehicle clean and tidy at all time
The Meter Data Technician is required to participate in regular training / learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
Once the relevant skill sets and training structure are in place, the Meter Data Technician could develop into a Gas Meter Installer.
£18,500 with performance related bonus (this could increase your salary by £4,000 p.a.)
Permanent Role - 45 hours per week (usually Monday to Friday)
20 days’ holiday and Bank Holiday (increasing to 25 days with length of service) with the option to purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year
Pension Scheme after 3 months
Company vehicle, tools and mobile phone
Range of benefits including Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programmes (health, legal and counselling) and Social Events.