We are looking for Multi Skilled Engineer for our Client based in Salisbury, Wiltshire. This is a full-time permanent position.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer you would be responsible for maintaining a wide range of production equipment as well as general maintenance and installation within the Company planned preventative maintenance system, on line fault finding and process development on a day to day basis.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out maintenance work with due diligence and in compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and legal and quality systems.
- Ensure that Engineering maintenance is carried out in line with the planned preventative maintenance system, scheduling and corrective action is taken when required.
- To deal with any unscheduled and emergency maintenance work, including all fault finding and necessary repair and striving to identify the root cause in each occasion. Booking of the duration, root cause and materials used through the Company CMMS
- Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager or Production Manager and the corrective action required and root cause if this has been identified.
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards and in line with Good Manufacturing Practice
- Identification of improvements that can be made to production lines or individual machinery or other operations.
- Ensuring that engineering supplies requested as appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
- Dealing with day to day issues and identifying and delivering repair and maintenance as needs arise for them.
- Participation in continuous improvement/profit improvement projects/major project as required and directed.
Skills and Experience required:
- Qualified, multi skilled engineer
- Previous experience working in an FMCG environment
- Experience in food manufacturing/processing would be advantageous
- Experience of Lean/continuous improvement type environment would also be beneficial
Salary, up to £37,000 per annum depending on experience.