Night Fork Lift Truck Team Supervisor
Our client is the UK’s fastest growing provider of palletised freight distribution services.
A vacancy has arisen for a Night Fork Lift Truck Team Supervisor to be part of an expanding Night Operations Department.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record within the Distribution Industry, preferably a Centralised Hub environment and hold a counterbalance licence with recent driving experience.
The role consists of both driving within and supervising a team of Fork Lift Truck drivers, therefore a proven record of supervising teams within a paced environment is essential. In addition the successful candidate must have the willingness to go that extra mile. You will report directly to the Head of Night Operations
• Responsible for supervising a team of up to 30 Fork Lift Truck Drivers
• Be proactive in the smooth running of the Hub and Spoke concept to provide an excellent service for our Shareholder members
• Ensure all palletised freight that arrives into the Hub is unloaded safely and distributed to the correct bays
• Ensure all palletised freight is reloaded and processed in an effective way to ensure a safe and cost effective delivery to its next destination
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies to ensure and maintain a safe working envirnoment Skills and experience required
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• The ability to effectively handle contacts at all levels within the business, both internally and externally
• Be able to complete work to deadlines ensuring attention to detail at all times
• Have a positive, empathetic and customer focused approach to work
• Strong influencing skill with the ability to motivate people to drive continuous results
Hours: 47.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00pm-7:00am
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Annual Holiday 20 days per holiday year increasing with service 8 Bank Holidays per year