Are you an enthusiastic, skilled Grower, with experience in commercial Ornamental horticulture local to Enfield seeking an annual salary of up to 30,000 per year ? Do you ensure top quality plants are produced on time and in the volumes required?
We supply the best quality and widest range of aquatic plants to the trade, this coupled with excellent service levels has driven double-digit growth in the last 10 years. We are gaining market share and growing the market, therefore we need a grower who understands the importance of high quality to ensure we continue this trend.
We are looking for someone who understands the basic principles of growing plants, it is not necessary to know about water plants. The candidate must be organized and good at planning, both on an overview and on a day to day basis, getting plants ready and organizing teams. They must have a flexible attitude, things change on a daily basis, therefore the candidate needs to be ready to react, making sensible, practical decisions quickly to change and adapt the plan.
Applicants should be self-motivated with good organization skills and practical ability. They must have the correct attitude and want to take responsibility. This can be a physical job and requires a good level of fitness.
- Experience working in production horticulture
- Technical knowledge of growing principles, including irrigation, pest and disease control and crop protection.
- Experience of leading a team is preferred (ability to lead is essential)
- Propagation by seed, cuttings, and division
- Preparation of composts, supervising potting teams, quality control of plant stock
- Planning and stock evaluation for the coming season.
- Helping with the management of stock levels and forward planning.
- Coordinate/supervise contractors.
- Weed & pest control in cropping and non-cropped areas.
- Checking and maintaining the water system.
- General site maintenance and repairs.
- Maintaining Glasshouse environments, including daily maintenance checks on all relevant machinery and carrying out or organizing any maintenance required.
PA1, PA6, Forklift Training, etc. would be an advantage but not essential as training can be provided.
You will be required to work additional hours sometimes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Team leader
- Positive 'can do ' attitude'
- Attention to detail
- A willingness to learn
In return for this, the Propagator will be working in a fun environment. Joining a team that believes in a work-hard, play-hard approach.
If you wish to apply then please let please upload your C.V.