Ocean Freight Business Development Manager - VR/19914
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leader in supply chain management and logistics solutions and is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their existing team.
Covering the South East region, candidates will have a biased towards Export FCL / LCL business and be able to sell to senior decision makers of large Exporters and Importers.
- Deliver 3 x salary of gross profit in new business plus grow from any assigned existing customers
- Close an average minimum of 2 new customers each month
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of A,B,C, level target accounts with a sales revenue in excess of £5m
- Diligently follow-up on all incoming sales leads and provide the originator detailed feedback within 30 days or a holding message within 5 working days on the status of the lead
- Regular meetings and dialogue with the Branch Manager, on competitor news/developments and detailed feedback on issues preventing new business wins
- Minimum of 5 years proven sales track record of gaining new major business and successfully working to and exceeding Sales Targets
- Excellent relationship building skills, identifying new business opportunities and ability to close successfully
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time efficiently is essential
- Minimum 10 years industry knowledge within Ocean
- Excellent knowledge and relationships with key exporters and importers in the assigned sales region
- Commercial awareness aptitude / skills
- Able to negotiate at a high level
You will receive a salary of £45-£55k.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping Team on email@example.com.