A lovely part time job opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator, working with 3 other team members who run weekly payrolls within this large manufacturing group of companies.
- accurately calculate hours to be paid from the Time Management System and other documents, ensuring all payroll exception reports are pre-authorised before payment
- understand and apply different pay rates and supplements to appropriate departments
- assist with inputting employees holiday requests onto the Time Management System and refer any queries to Departmental Manager or HR Department as appropriate
- utilise the Time Management System to produce weekly and monthly reports as requested
- assist with pension enrolment and contribution submissions via pension provider website
- assist with correct completion of tax year-end procedures and dealing with queries
- regularly update the payroll manual
- maintain complete confidentiality of all records and payroll information, disclosing information to authorised staff only
- Good working knowledge of MS software packages at intermediate level (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Previous experience of working in a payroll office
- Experience of handing employee or sensitive data
- Experience of using a computerised time and attendance system.
Ideally, you will have experience gained within a manufacturing environment preferably with 250 plus employees, but candidates without this specific background will still be considered.
- Ability to problem solve directly and with others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and competent telephone skills
- Ability to learn to new software packages quickly
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
Working Hours: 24 hours per week (ideally Mon - Weds although negotiable for the right candidate)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.