We are recruiting a Payroll Clerk to join the payroll bureau of a highly regarded, long established firm of chartered accountants, based in Camberley. This practice has a low staff turnover and high employee satisfaction.
Reporting into the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Clerk will be responsible for:
- End-to-end processing of multiple client payrolls on a weekly and monthly basis
- Submitting RTI
- Calculation of tax and pension deductions
- Calculating PAYE and HMRC deductions
- Handling client enquiries
To be considered for this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a payroll position, ideally processing multiple payrolls of varying size and complexity – preferably within a practice environment
- Experience with MS Office essential, and Pegasus or Sage or QTAC payroll software desirable
- Previous experience in a busy payroll bureau / similar small team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without losing attention to detail
- Team player – can do attitude
The successful candidate will benefit from the following:
- Annual salary between £26,000 – £32,000 (dependent upon experience)
- 23 days annual leave (increasing by one day per year with each year of service to a maximum 25) + 8 Bank and statutory holidays
- Core hours are 9am to 5.15pm daily with a one-hour break for lunch (some flexibility may be offered)
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Payroll Clerk role