One of the UK’s market leading direct retailers is growing from strength to strength and is now seeking a Payroll / HR administrator based in Bangor, to join its expanding team.
Trading for over thirty years, this company has a great reputation in the marketplace and prides itself on providing quality products, specialist knowledge and service within their industry.
Reporting to the HR Manager you will become an integral part of the HR team responsible for processing payroll from beginning to end for 300 plus staff and assisting the HR department with the recruitment process and day to day HR tasks.
As the Payroll / HR Administrator your main responsibilities will be to:
- Process payroll from beginning to end in accordance with current legislation, policies and processes, and time lines
- Collating change data, completing input sheets, and making sure peer checks are carried out
- Ensure that payroll reports are created and distributed as necessary
- Ensure all key controls are adhered to and any errors reported
- Maintain confidentiality and make sure sensitive files are protected appropriately
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Payroll legislation and internal policies
- Ensure all payroll deadlines are met and quality levels are maintained
- Process employees’ expenses on a weekly basis and responding to queries swiftly
- Maintain and manage the time and attendance system
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment process, including; maintaining the recruitment inbox and writing and placing adverts, scheduling job interviews, pre-employment checks, creation of offer letters and contracts of employment
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager
We are really keen to talk to you and see your CV if you have the following skills and experience
- Proven payroll knowledge, with experience of Sage
- Proven HR administrative experience
- Knowledge of UK manual tax and national insurance calculations
- A confident user of Excel, Word, HMRC online PAYE services
- Previous experience of managing high volumes of work in an extremely busy and fast paced Accounts / HR environment
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, and the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills, computer literacy, attention to detail is key and the importance of understanding sensitive employee information in a confidential manner
- The ability to be pro-active, flexible, and adaptable while problem solving when required
In exchange you will receive a competitive salary of £23,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience. This is a permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
If this sounds like just the challenge you have been looking for please apply today!