Our large manufacturing client in the Milton Keynes area are looking a fully trained paint sprayer for our Stonebridge site, Milton Keynes. The ideal candidate will need to be highly skilled and fully trained in paint spraying to a high standard.
There will be some prepping involved in the role as well.
Main Tasks of Job
- Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure correct coverage and gloss level acheived.
- Correct mix of ratios of paints, thinners & hardeners are achieved
- Understanding spray / powder gun functions & able to strip down clean and re-assemble;
- Setting up spray / powder guns and equipment to compensate for;
- Different type of surface (bare metal/ undercoat/rework);
- Different paint types & viscosities
- Powdering direct to bare metal from a provided set process, and to undercoat components to achieve ‘Right First Time’ results;
- Spraying 2K topcoats over wet primers achieving ‘Right First Time’ results;
- Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Paint Spraying, Powder Coating & Preparation equipment;
- Achieving high quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis’;
- Maintain a clean environment within the department;
- Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal & polymer components before paint / powder application. Skilled in masking & reworking painted / powder coated parts;
- Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
- Identifying material surface defects on parts prior paint / powder and repairing using adequate products;
- Masking, final paint / powder preparation, handling parts on and off paint / powder runways. Moving of chassis parts in and out of paint / powder booths / ovens.
- Experience in spraying or powder coating to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor paint / powder application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel appearance & colour variations;
- And/or; Experience of wet painting primer and gloss and/or wet interzinc primer using airless, air assisted and hvlp systems, primer and gloss paint (2pack systems), preferably within a manufacturing or car industry;
- An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically Isocyanates & flammable liquids. Experienced in using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
- Experience of operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team environment;
- Shot blasting experience beneficial;
- Welding knowledge would be an added advantage, but not essential;
- Ability to read, write and communicate at all levels in English.
Must be flexible with shifts and be able to work 6-2 and 2-10.
Rate of Pay: 31k - 34K
Must be flexible to work overtime 1-2 hours per day and 4-6 hours on a Saturday (usually 2 out of 4 per month)
Overtime paid at 1.5 rate and 2.0 after 4 hours at 1.5 rate.
25 Days holiday, eligible for healthcare scheme and pension after 3 months.
If you have the skills and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more jobs from Bamford Contract Services, Find us on Facebook bamfordcs or follow us on Twitter bamfordcs.