The client are a family owned business specialising in the design, build and manufacture of precision press tools and components. The business boasts successful trading of over 150 years working with clients in a range of markets such as medical, automotive, aerospace etc.
The primary purpose of the role is to re-set, run and monitor component quality from automated production lines.
- Responsible for the effective running of the company automated production lines.
- Re-set and change over of tool modules.
- Actively involved in the improvement of processes and to update files when process changes reflect this.
- Back up machine operation when required.
- Update of technical documentation to ensure accuracy of information.
- Mentoring of trainees and apprentices
- Control product quality.
I would be keen to receive applications from candidates who hold the following skills/experience;
- Must have press tool operation experience (ideally coil feed Bruderer) and also machine operating experience.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing /continuous improvement process.
- Some working knowledge of quality control/assurance.
- Ability to learn inspection and testing procedures using automatic co-ordinate measuring machines.
- Able to work nights.
- Computer literate and able to problem solve effectively.
The company are based in Birmingham so are easily commutable from Solihull, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sutton Coldfield etc.
Shift times - Monday to Thursday 6pm to 6am.
Benefits to include - pension, competitive holidays, friendly and supportive working environment.
Apply now to be considered for the role....
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.