Process Engineer - manufacturing for construction
** Make one mistake every day - just make sure it's not the same one **
- Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who wants the freedom to take risks it would benefit the business?
- Would it encourage you to be a more free thinking Process Engineer, and have some fun in the process?
We are looking for a Manufacturing or Production Engineer to join this established business, this is to replace a member of the team who has already progressed to a new position within the company. This should indicate that there is real opportunity with this great employer, and we have found that many of our candidates have selected this company over more established employers when presented with several offers.
You will be a member of a team where you will be providing a real direction at all phases of the manufacturing process, and managing a small team on the shop floor, ensuring they are suitably equipped with the tools, knowledge and expertise to provide a quality solution working safely. As you would expect with any operation that places importance on working collaboratively, you will be working closely with your colleagues in Sales and Design as well as all parts of the manufacturing operation.
Are you able to meet all or most of the following criteria:
- HND / HNC in an Engineering discipline
- Proven understanding of lean methodologies (e.g. 5S, Six Sigma etc) and Continuous Improvement
- Solid IT skills (especially Excel) with some practical experience of CAD
- Practical experience of PFMEA and Control Plans
- Proven track record in process design and you should be able to design robust production processes, able to meet volume targets and quality/cost/delivery measures
- Previously involved in NPI and NPD processes
You will also need to have an awareness of the commercial aspects of your role, and work to sometimes demanding deadlines and targets, whilst adapting to change and uncertainty.
If you can provide all or most of the above together with experience in modular buildings, or low volume manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive then we would be particularly interested in speaking to you.
Please apply or call Craig / Sue for a confidential discussion if you would like to explore further.