Procurement Manager, High Wycombe, £60,000 - £70,000pa plus 10% bonus, car & benefits:
Our client has been at the forefront of technological innovation for over 60 years, leading the way within scientific instrumentation. Due to an internal promotion, they're now looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to lead a Purchasing & Supply Chain team of 7. This is an incredibly exciting role, one which combines team management and strategic procurement.
As the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. Performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, ensuring Production and Business requirements are met. Managing a team of Junior & Senior Buyers to deliver on the above activities. Other key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Operations team and strategic sourcing to set and implement a procurement strategy and ensure the procurement team is aligned to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Provide leadership, guidance and ensure the continued development of staff and other team members
- Lead development of Supply chain improvement and continuous improvement projects affecting Cost, Quality and Delivery
- Develop key suppliers and implement key supplier Long Term Agreements in line with the agreed strategy.
- Ensure partnership suppliers influence new product design at an early stage maximising DFM & DFA.
- Continuously work with suppliers to ensure quality, schedule adherence, cost reductions, improved payment terms and warranty periods
- Identify, manage & mitigate supply chain risks to the business
- International trading issues/imports/legal, awareness and management
- Supplier selection, verification and management
- Ensure that the purchasing team execute the MRP demands to meet the production requirement
The Procurement Manager will ideally have the following skill/attributes:
- A relevant degree or MCIPS qualified
- Good understanding of lean principles
- Experience as a Procurement Manager or Purchasing Manager within an engineering or manufacturing industry, like automotive, aerospace or medical devices etc
- Self-motivating and driven by continuous improvement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Track record of negotiating and managing key supplier contracts
- ERP System experience & working knowledge
- Good influencing skills
Benefits for the Procurement Manager
In addition to a competitive starting salary, structured career development opportunities, and a good work-life balance, our client offers a 10% bonus, company car or allowance, 25 days annual leave, half-days on Fridays, private healthcare, a share incentive plan, a defined contribution Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
If you're a Procurement Manager with experience of managing a team and you have worked within an engineering or manufacturing environment, then please make contact with a copy of your CV immediately.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).