A market-leading consumer electronics brand has an opening for a Product Design Engineer to join their growing competitive gaming technology team. On top of a basic salary of €60,000, the company are offering a 10% annual bonus, private healthcare, pension and gym membership.
This role is based in Cork and will require relocation or commute.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company who are at the heart of the competitive e-sports and supply gaming controllers, keyboards, mice and steering wheels to the world's top players.
As Product Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
- Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as FMEA, QFD and computer simulation
- End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
- Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
- Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Experience in medical devices, automotive, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
- Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
- 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return, you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- €60,000 - €70,000 per annum
- Discretionary company performance related bonus
- Regular performance appraisals
- Annual pay reviews
- Flexible working
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Continual formal training and development
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.