Job title: Production Administrator and Planner
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Salary: Proposed to be £21,300 (hourly rate £10.50 per hour) + monthly bonus averaging £150 per month, with first year basic earnings before overtime likely to be £23,300 (equalling approx 11.50 per hour) or more.
Working hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday,8:00am - 1:00pm Friday
Benefits: High value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life assurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime and free on-site parking.
Are you an organised individual with sound administrative skills?
Do you have a background of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment?
Then please do read on, you might be just who we're looking for...
I've been appointed by a local precision engineering company to support their search for a Production Administrator and Planner to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company I'm working with have been supplying precision engineered components to aerospace, medical and general industry for many years, from their purpose-built facility just off junction 9 of the M5 motorway in Tewkesbury, commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and surrounding areas.
They're now in a position to take on a Production Administrator and Planner to join the company on a permanent basis as the business prepares for planned growth over the next five years.
About the job:
Ordering material from suppliers and chasing up as and when needed
- Creating purchase orders on stock control system and generating correct paperwork
- Speaking with sub contractors to confirm order volumes, confirming expected delivery dates and tracking progress
- Producing production plans as needed
- Checking stock for material availability
- Tracking production volumes against targets and flag items for prioritisation
- Creating internal order paperwork including production plans for department supervisors.
- Scanning of completed paperwork onto the company's MRP system (Sage).
- Computer literate, experienced in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of working with company materials planning system (MRP) (Sage 200 ideally, happy to consider others)
- Organised manner
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing engineering environment
Sounds like you? Take a look at the package on offer...
- Starting rate proposed to be £10.50 per hour to begin with, depending on your experience
- Monthly bonus on average £150 in addition to your hourly rate
- Decent amount of overtime available
- This position is a permanent job from day one working directly for our client, not a temporary or contracting role
- Lots of free parking always available
- Well maintained machinery with regular investment in the latest equipment
- Modern, clean, well organised facilities
- A friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style
- Long term order book with established specialist contracts
- Holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid and Christmas shut down
- Life cover
- All personal protective equipment (PPE) paid for by the company
- Please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this Production Administrator and Planner position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Key words for search purposes only: planner planning scheduler scheduling sage material purchase order GL20 8NA
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.