Position: Production Engineer
Location: Wakefield/Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 pa
We're recruiting for a highly skilled Production Engineer to join this well established manufacturing business with over 100 years working within the Machining, CNC, Automotive and aerospace sector. IDeal have EdgeCAM, Solidedge, Delcam or any other cad/cam softwrae to feed programs to the shop floor.
Successful Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer will have similar experience of working in (ideally rotating) machinery, CNC environment and be accountable for creation of structures and routings for all parts within a timely manner.
To own the process of creation of structures and routings for all parts.
* To ensure the correct tooling is assigned and available to all manufacturing orders.
* To create flow in the process between structures and routings
* To constantly be reviewing continuous improvement of PE processes
* To adopt a "Go See" approach to understand problems and lead a structured problem-solving process to provide countermeasures
* To ensure that SAP times reflect as accurately as possible the correct process times
* To make appropriate and relevant training available to other staff members to grow skills and capabilities
* To maintain a tidy workplace at all times
* To maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment
* To take responsibility for making sure that attention is given to weaknesses in the process, ensuring tools and resources are available at the right time in the right place.
* To manage PE workload and adjust capacity as required.
* To work in partnership with up/down stream processes of PE.
* To provide timely response to sales/customer service where required
* To provide factual data to support all PE decisions.
* To make changes to own practice and offer suggestions for improving processes.
* Create standard work, procedures, SOPs as required.
* Maintain departmental metrics, reporting status and trends to manager(s) on a regular basis
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please forward your CV for the attention of Andrew Pilling or call 01484 645269 for a confidential chat.
This position is being advertised by E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business.
#e3recruitment #e3r #e3engineering #e3jobs