A great opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join al manufacturing company based in West Bromwich.
If you have previous experience in a similar role, a good understanding of paint manufacturing and basic understanding of machine maintenance, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing, ambitious business at a time of growth. The main responsibility of this role is for the "day to day" running of the production facility.
- Responsible for timely production of paint manufacturing from production planning requests.
- Develop routine maintenance plans for machine servicing and prioritise plant breakdowns accordingly.
- Escalation of any production issues to Operations Manager.
- Continually improve the production process through employee engagement and lean techniques.
- Managing manufacturing maintenance reportees into this position.
- Ensure budget is met or improved on consumables and maintenance spend.
- Take responsibility for providing a clean and safe environment to work in.
- Staff management of 1 Supervisor and 15 production operatives.
- Provide support and advice to team members. Lead, motivate and inspire commitment and enthusiasm. Develop a strong team.
- Accountable for continuous training and development of production team, update of training manuals.
- All team management issues including holiday requests, sickness and absenteeism, and disciplinary and grievance.
- Design & maintenance of KPI's to assess department & team/area performance in a concise & consistent manner.
- To ensure targets as set by KPI's are achieved on a daily basis.
- Planning and allocating products to machinery and distributing manpower as required by customer demand in line with the weekly plan and daily production meetings.
- Ensure relevant production paperwork and systems are processed effectively and in a timely fashion to maintain Raw Material and Finished Goods Stock levels.
- Control, monitoring and adjustment of Hydrocarbon Stocks.
- Communication with all departments including Customer Service Unit, Quality Control and Logistics to ensure all customer deadlines are achieved.
- To ensure all Housekeeping and Health and Safety guidelines are met.
- To assist the Maintenance team where appropriate
- Previous experience as a Production Manager
- Experience of managing a Team
- A good understanding of paint manufacturing
- A basic understanding of machine maintenance
Angel Human Resources is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.