Fancy a new job, my client is on the lookout for Production Operatives, it’s a fantastic opportunity.
My client is one of the largest steel companies in the United Kingdom. They have been growing year on year and since 2015 the company made a multi-million-pound investment. Also offering a nationwide service. Also, the Client is willing to put the chosen production operatives though their forklift and combi-lift licenses for free within their first month of joining the company, this will further develop your skills.
The Production Operative role involves processing customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual machinery.
This is a very manual/hands on role, so not for the faint hearted but if you are physically fit and able then this role may be for you.
Production Operatives are required to:
- Operate a selection of manual and CNC based machinery for metal processing.
- Being competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions.
- Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
- Operate forklifts, combi-lifts and the crane safety.
- Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
- Collating orders, including banding, palletising, bagging and preparing them for loading.
- Loading, off Loading of plate and parts from the plasma machines
- Identify and locate different steel products using appropriate measuring equipment
- Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
All training courses will be given.
Benefits for Production Operative role:
- Overtime available at time and half.
- Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Long service bonus (10year service)
- PPE provided
Experience – not compulsory but would be beneficial
- Worked within the warehouse environment
- Previous Production Operative history
- Operating machinery
- Welding experience