Production Operative (manufacturing company)
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Job Title: Production Operative
Working Hours: Monday to 8:00am to 5:00pm, early finish on a Friday at 1:00 pm
Pay: Basic salary will be between £16,700 and £18,200 + production bonus = £18,400 - £20,200.
We're looking to pay a starting rate of between £8.21 per hour and £9.00 per hour, depending on your skill and experience. There is a monthly production bonus too which averages out at between £150 - £200 per month, so the equivalent hourly rate would be between £9.00 and £10.00 per hour. Overtime is readily available.
Contract type: Permanent
About the company
I'm offering a rare opportunity to work with a medium sized, specialist engineering firm, a hidden gem based just off Junction 9 of the M5 motorway in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
With a long history in their specialist market my client has become an expert and trusted supplier in their field, producing the highest quality engineered products for a range of customers which all require the best possible products to perform well under some of the most safety-critical circumstances.
My client is looking to increase their team and I'm looking to find just the right person to join the company as their new Production Operative / General Operative at a time when business is continuing at a strong and steady rate.
Do you have experience of working in a factory where you're responsible for producing a high volume of components whilst keeping a careful eye on quality?
Perhaps you have experience of operating machinery where components are made in a standard process?
If this sounds like you, please do read on!
About the job - Production Operative
This position will see you cleaning, preparing and packaging small metal items ahead of sending them to the customer.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, you will be responsible for producing components according to standard procedure sheets, whilst inspecting and reworking parts as required when highlighted by the Quality team.
- Carry out visual quality checks.
- Prepare and pack components ready for dispatch.
- Highlight quality issues or inconsistencies to quality department.
- To make sure all work is carried out as efficiently as possible.
- Carry out any associated duties as needed.
- You'll ideally have some experience of working in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of operating machinery would be desirable but not essential.
- This is a fast paced job so your experience of working in a similar environment will help.
- Good attention to detail, taking pride in the work you're doing.
- You'll be joining a small team, so we're looking for a team player. You'll be professional, willing to learn, self-motivated, driven and committed to doing a great job.
- You will have a safe and efficient approach to work.
To apply for this Production Operative position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Don't have a CV?
No problem, just give me a call or send me a quick email and we can help.
Key words for search purposes only: production operative machine operator quality checking packing GL20 8TD
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.