Shift Managers required for a large, growing food production business based in the North East. The successful Shift Manager will lead a small team of 8 and will be responsible for leading, motivating and engaging the shift team.
The Shift Manager will be responsible for:
- Cultivate a culture of pro-active problem solving and continuous improvement
- Ensure team is aware of their specific responsibilities and targets for the shift
- Maintain food safety, quality & GMP standards at all times
- To safely carry out multi-skilled and pro-active maintenance activities to ensure plant availability and effective running of equipment.
- Lead, motivate and engage the shift team, pro-actively managing the team on shift to deliver best standards for all areas of responsibility
- To ensure direct reports effectively manage work load effectively
- Contribute to risk assessment and accident/near miss investigation
Suitable Shift Managers will have worked within the food/ FMCG sector previously and have previous supervisory experience. Ideally you will be time served and qualified to NVQ level 3 and enjoy being a hands-on engineering leader and have knowledge of good Health and Safety practices. Shifts will be 12 hours covering days and nights and salary is advertised as £38k to £45k to include overtime. In return you'll get a career rather than a job, a great salary, 6 weeks annual leave and a competitive pension.
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.