Production Shift Team Leader – Gt Yarmouth – Excellent package
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to lead a Production Shift Team in a Filling and Packing operation at our client’s site in Great Yarmouth. The role would be responsible for leading the production shift team of around 15 individuals to achieve the production plans in an efficient and safe manner and to produce a filled product that complies with GMP requirements.
This role reports to the Production Team and Lean Six Sigma Manager and deputises for the Production Coordinator in their absence.
- Run the production shift and manage the shift team.
- Lead by example with regards to timekeeping, work ethic, H&S and GMP standards and ensure the production shift team adopt and maintain these standards.
- Ensure shift members are trained in all relevant processes and training is adequately documented.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement initiatives and Lean projects within the department.
- Create, review and update production SOPs, WIs, Forms and BPRs in the electronic document management system when required.
- Be responsible for completing non-conformance investigations and associated CAPAs and assist in creating and completing change controls
- Manage effectively employee relations both informally & formally.
- Act as a backup for the responsible person on site outside of normal hours.
- Ensure batches are produced to meet production plans, to the required quality standards and in accordance with relevant company procedures.
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality procedures on the shift.
- Proactively liaise with support departments to ensure day to day problems are resolved efficiently and plans are met.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
- A degree in a scientific discipline, although this is not essential.
- Previous experience of supervising and leading a team, monitoring performance, & delegating work within a production line environment.
- Self-motivation with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the assertiveness to deal with staff related issues.
- Working experience of HR principles and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High aptitude for problem solving and decision making with proactive identification of improvements.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or similar, with experience of key problem solving or improvement tools (e.g. DMAIC, Kaizen)
- Experience of working within a regulated manufacturing/production environment (e.g. pharmaceutical, food production environment) and associated documentation.
- Experience of appraisals and individual performance management
- Sound working knowledge of windows office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and computer systems
Earlies: Mon – Thurs 6am - 2pm Fri 6am – 1pm
Lates: Mon – Thurs 1.45pm – 10pm Fri 12.45pm - 6.45pm
30 mins Lunch
The salary for the position would be competitive with shift premium (20%).