Position: Production Technician
Hours of Work: Days only, 6am to 6pm. 5 on 5 off, 5 on 5 off, 4 on 4 off sequence.
Remuneration: Up to £34'000 per annum, subject to experience, plus training, opportunities for development and company pension.
We have an exciting and new opportunity available for a numberProduction operatives for this very well respected manufacturer based in the Leicestershire area, with a number of manufacturing plants based across the UK.
With a major new plant investment program already underway, promising state-of-the-art equipment, layout and efficiency, our client now requires technicians to drive the business, taking manufacturing to the next level for production, quality and overall efficiency. This presents an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre production operative to transfer knowledge and experience from other, or similar industries.
The successful applicants will be a member of a multi-functional production/TPM team aiming to achieve key targets within the departmental environment, thereby helping to deliver Cost, Quality and Efficiency benefits to the Factory.
Key Working Relationships of the Shift Production Operatives
- You will be reporting directly into the Production Team Leader working as part of a highly talented manufacturing team driven to deliver exceptional results
Key responsibilities will lie in the following functional areas:
- The production of high quality products
- Creating and maintaining the highest standards of 5S's housekeeping and environmental management
- Operations of a range of machines as part of a multi-skilled team
- Ensure areas are inspected / maintained in accordance with local Health & Safety Standards and work within Standard Safe Operating Procedures
- To deliver through the process of TPM plant improvement initiatives and continuous improvement
- Assist in the development of SSOP's and Risk Assessments
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent timekeeping, attendance and flexibility.
- Numerate & literate
- Team working attitude
- Good communication skills
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness
- Ability to work as part of a team or on your own
- Computer literate
- Experience in performing product QA checks
- Setting up and operating machines in a time sensitive a 'right' first time, target driven environment.
- Problem solving aptitude.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a TPM environment
- Experience of Operating hi-tech manufacturing equipment, with MCP or HMI interfaces.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience in Asset care duties
- A certified counterbalance driver
- A certified loading shovel driver
- A recognised up-skill
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include:
- Multi-functional operation, possibly cross departmental.
- TPM Tools & Techniques inclusive of 5S principles.
- Localised Health and Safety Procedures.
- Localised Environmental Responsibilities.
- Localised up-skilling.