Production Technician, Oxford, £25,000pa - £35,000pa plus exceptional benefits:
Our client is a market leader in the development of state of the art scientific instrumentation. Due to a successful period of growth and doubling in size, they are on the lookout for two highly skilled Production Technician, with experience in the manufacture, test and installation of assemblies and the ability to read and interrupt engineering drawings, functional specifications and work instructions.
The successful Production Technician will need to be an enthusiastic and self-motivated technician with excellent analytical and technical skills. You will also have a combination of key responsibilities:
- Assemble products, jigs, fixtures and test equipment in accordance with the Quality Manual, technical specifications, drawings and work instructions
- Manufacture or modify, as required, components, jigs, fixtures and test equipment in accordance with drawings and instruction
- Undertake pre-packing, and preparation of documents for the shipment of products, including liaison with packers/shippers
- Participate in design and post-project reviews
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and tidily and in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, including local risk assessments
- Check own work and report any quality issues
- Communicate professionally with customers (internal and external) and vendors
- Participate in improvement projects, cost improvements and problem solving activities as required from time to time
- Maintain plant, test equipment and tools in a good working condition.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 discipline.
Essential Production Technician Experience & Skills
- Experience in the manufacture, test and installation of scientific instrumentation, assemblies or similar
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, functional specifications, work instructions, etc.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 discipline
- Familiarity with precision mechanisms and/or ultra high vacuum technology
- Experience in the safe operation of milling, turning, grinding equipment and cranes
Our client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory pension, life insurance, relaxed and flexible working environment.
If this Production Technician role sounds of interest, please send in an application to Henry at MARS recruitment.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).