Project Design Engineer
Leading company in the offsite and modular building sector is looking to recruit a Project Design Engineer to join their team in Nottinghamshire.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Design Engineer to work in their busy client design team. In this role, you will be working closely with the design team and be responsible for the coordination and supervision of the junior members. You will also ensure that all the design requirements meet the quality standards and follow current building regulations. You pay close attention to detailing for steel work whilst being supported by an external structural engineer. You will apply a significant level of deatiling to the procurement and manufacture of multi million pound projects.
- HND/ HNC level qualification
- Revit Experience with the intention to learn MWF and Dynamo
- Previous working experience in the construction industry within a design role
- Ideally have experience or an understanding of cold formed rolling machines
- Possess experience or understanding of the procurement process both hot and cold rolled steel
- Ability to supervise, organise and guide junior team members
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
In this role you will:
- be responsible for developing the enquiry stage design through to buildable and technically compliant schemes, ensuring submission of steel conformation for approvals with client team.
- design detail and deliver, through the use of revit steel fabrication drawings
- work closely with the client design team to ensure designs meet their specifications and comply fully with all relevant statutory and regulatory legislation.
- attend design meetings as required to facilitate the development of the design liaising with all relevant external parties to ensure third party design elements are fully coordinated with the companies modular system.
- Supervise the work of the allocated CAD Technicians and other designers to ensure all designs are produced accurately and efficiently in line with the overall design programme.
- Coordinate the creation and issue of design information packages for release internally and externally as necessary
- ensure that all the design requirements meet quality standards (e.g. ISO9001)
- work closely and report to Design Engineer Manager
If you are interested in this position, please click "apply" or give Paul Blackwell a call on 0117 959 2008 for a confidential chat.
Key skills: Design Engineer, modular, offsite,