We are working in partnership with one of the market leading modular specialist who have been established for nearly a decade and boast an extremely impressive portfolio of clients across the UK. Due to a number of key wins from the reputation that they hold in the market, they are looking to recruit an experienced Project Design Manager to oversee multiple projects on a nationwide scale.
As the Project Design Manager, you will be responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project's design deliverables, programme and contract proposals, directing and coordinating external design consultants.
You will also be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the companies Contracts Manager, QS, building services and operations departments within the project team. As the Project Design Manager, you will also support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Interface design and attend design workshop meetings
- Liaise with senior management, architects design teams, client reps, engineers and technicians as well as face to face client representation
- Rectify design issues with architects prior to work commencing and during the construction programme
- Be involved with project specific design issues, proposing practicable solutions
- Attend pre-construction and design development meetings
- Liaise closely with site based project teams
- Value engineering to consider and develop the best options available
- Advise on cost effectiveness of alternative strategies and and methods of construction
- Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements
- Manage design output to agreed programmes and ensure the flow of work is maintained
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Operation delivery Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets
- Liaise with the Commercial and Operations departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project
- Manage allocated resources within projects and work to project design programmes and deliverables
- Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner and CDM requirements
Skills and experience:
- Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level, ideally structural, civil or architectural background or engineering/construction discipline
- Proficient in AutoCAD detailing, Revit Modelling and a good understanding of MS Office/Outlook
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, HTM's, HBN's, BB's etc..
- Construction experience, Offsite preferred
What is offered to you in return?
My client is offering a highly competitive remuneration package in the region of £45k, pension, company laptop and mobile phone.