East Riding of Yorkshire
- Do you have a passion for sustainable building / MMC?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to use new technology?
- Would you relish using both your technical and commercial skills in leading a team of designers?
Specialist modular building supplier seeks Design Manager to join their growing team, having recognised a need for an individual who has both the technical and entrepreneurial attributes this role will require.
You will be responsible for ensuring that designs are completed in accordance with the projects design deliverables, programme and contract proposals, directing and coordinating external consultants. You will be the primary contact for the project from a technical perspective, and liaise with Contracts Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Building Services and Operations departments within the project team. As the Design Manager for the project you will also support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issue.
- Attend design workshop meetings
- Liaise with senior managment, architects design teams, client reps, engineers and technisians as well as face to face client representation
- Correct any design issues with architects prior to work commencing and during the construction programme
- Attend pre-construction and design development meetings
- Liaising with site based project team
- Creating VE designs and solutions within the Project budget
- Manage Compliance check against specification and requirements ensuring design outpiut is to agreed programmes and ensure the flow of work is maintained.
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects
- Liaise with the commercial and operations departments regarding the selection of sub contractors ensuring that they are competent, qualified and able to provide the design input required for the project.
- Manage allocated resources within projects and work to project design programmes and deliverables.
- Prepare and present clear, concise and comprehensive information in the form of drawings, specification's and schedules
- Ensure design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner and CDM requirements
What is required for the role?
- Degree or HND /HNC level ideally structural, civil or architectural background or engineering / construction discipline
- Proficient in AutoCAD detailing, Revit modelling
- Experience in working within a design role in offsite manufactured products e.g. light gauge steel, modular building, SIPS, precast concrete
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, HTMs, HBNs, BBs etc
- Possess experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload, as well as overseeing individual personal development.
- Creative and innovative design capabilities, able to devise new designs that combine new technology and commercial practicalities
- Confident and articulate with colleagues and managers, able to justify your designs on occasion
- Desire to progress, demonstrated by a record of continuous development within your career
If you are interested in this role then please call Paul Blackwell on 01179592008
Key Skills: Designer, Design Manager, Modular, Light Steel Frame, AutoCAD,