Our client, a well-known freight forwarder and logistics company are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team in Basildon, to oversee that the back office complete their tasks daily/weekly /monthly in a timely manner highlighting errors and training where necessary as well as chasing operations for pending payable invoices all digitally for weekly/fortnightly /monthly supplier payments. In return, you will be offered a salary of up to £24k DOE.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be keeping aged creditors tidy and up to date, keeping to strict deadlines for payments to suppliers and reporting any issues with IT/system to ensure everything is running smoothly .
We're keen to speak to people with experience from a similar role, who have advanced knowledge of Excel using pivot tables and VLOOKUP. Being an excellent comminucator is also vital as you will be forming good working relationships with supplier contacts.
Duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Supplier statement reconciliations and checking for contras
- Working alongside back office in India regarding purchase ledger (they post all purchase ledger invoices)
- Supplier payments, post in system/pay in online banking and send remittance advices to suppliers
- Month end overview of AP to Accounts Supervisor and Accounts Director
- Daily input of HMRC FAS Entries and payments
Experience required for the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Knowledge/Experience of Microsoft Office
- Team Worker
- Flexible and Adaptable
If you would like to know more about this Purchase Ledger Clerk vacancy, or you know of anyone that fits the bill, either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you're looking for and we'll do our best to assist.
* T&C's apply. Please contact the office for more information