Reporting to Managing Director
This fantastic manufacturing company are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Purchasing Manager to take responsibility for the purchasing of components used in the manufacture of the company's products.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and motivate the Purchasing Team within company goals
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships with jointly agreed vision and strategy agreements that are regularly reviewed. Nurture agreements to negotiate industry leading rates and unique products.
- Understand pricing strategy, margins and volumes associated with each contracted product
- Stock Management to meet stock target levels
- Management of all components and BOM's within Syspro and maintenance of the systems information
- Contribute to and deliver agreed budget cost savings plans
- Review supplier performance and highlight any contractual risks to the Director team, including any financial risks from committed contracts
- Full Participation in New Product Introduction, ensuring timely launch through procurement of new and obsolescence of old parts
- To ensure that employees are adequately trained to carry out their roles using good practice
Purchasing Manager Key Skills:
- Must have experience in a Purchasing Manager role
- A strategic approach with commercial awareness
- Able to evidence excellent contracting and negotiating skills
- Must have experience of team leadership as well as being a team player
- Is able to communicate in a professional manner at all levels with both external and internal suppliers/customers.
- Must be very organised with the ability to prioritise activities
- Microsoft Office (Excel / Word) to intermediate level.
- Understanding of mechanical and electronic components
- Ability to work closely with the Operations and Customer Services teams
Further Job Content
- Commitment to the business Vision, Values and Goals
- Ensure ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards are adhered to
- Contributing to the environmental legal requirements as stipulated by ISO14001
- Ensure compliance to standards that govern products stipulated by CE marking