Purchasing Manager - Deputy role
Monday to Friday
Salary £35,000-£40,000 (DOE)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Purchasing Manager MCIPS or (CIPS level 4 plus) to join our prestigious client.
Located in a lovely village just outside Grimsby, our client is part of an international group specialising in the manufacturing of man-made fibres. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to develop and become established with a very successful company.
Purpose of this role
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager you will develop and execute local purchasing strategies in line with Global purchasing policies
This will include sourcing, tendering and assessing new products/vendors as well as conducting negotiations with prospective and existing suppliers with the intention of reducing costs, mitigating purchasing risks and optimising both stock levels and the scheduling of goods and services
The Deputy Purchasing Manager's duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes local purchasing strategies in line with Global purchasing guidelines/policies
- Develops, tracks and reports key purchasing metrics to reduce cost and improve effectiveness
- Develops negotiation strategies and close deals with suppliers with optimal terms
- Sources and assesses new products/vendors and negotiates competitive prices
- Monitors and forecasts future levels of stock, goods and/or services in liaison with other functions
- Ensures monthly raw material stock checks are carried out
- Manages the storage of consumables in accordance with ISO9000/14000
- Deputises for the Purchasing Manager during holidays/absence and whenever the main workload of the Purchasing Specialist role allows
The successful Deputy Purchasing Manager will have:
- Good purchasing experience within an industrial or chemical manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to negotiate confidently with suppliers
- The understanding of raw material supplies
- Knowledge of engineering parts and service requirements
- Confident on SAP and MS packages
This role would suit a Senior Purchasing Specialist / Assistant Purchasing Manager with (CIPS level 4 plus) who is either within a similar role and wants a new challenge or ready to take that step up to management.
Commutable from Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Immingham, Louth, Hull, Brigg, Barton upon Humber, Caistor and Market Rasen
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.