On behalf of our engineering and manufacturing client within the Manchester area, we are looking to recruit an experienced QA Engineer.
Salary is to be discussed at interview stage.
Working in the quality department as part of a team.
Responsible for and assisting in maintaining records, pressure testing, Non-conformance and corrective actions, Mechanical record books, auditing, Calibration
( System maintenance ). Liaison with suppliers, customers and internal department to resolve and implement quality issues.
Duties & Responsibilities,
- To ensure standards of quality and workmanship to BS EN ISO 9001 & AS9100 are met at all times.To ensure all health and safety regulations are observed and maintained.
- To Assist in to checking of supplier and customer certification from the unapproved folder to the approved folder.
- To assist in the preparation of quality documentation and Certificates of Conformity for issue to the customer with the delivery of the parts.
- To assist in the maintenance of the Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s) Log and to produce the analysis reports each month for the Quality Manager. To ensure that the explanation reports from suppliers are obtained in a timely manner for review during the NCR meetings.
- The monitoring of corrective / preventive actions.
- Undertake Quality Improvement investigations, either individually or on a team basis to solve problems. Monitoring incident, trends emanating from information compiled to enable our performance to be continually improved whilst reducing the cost of quality.
- Produce Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s) as required to enable rectification or modification to assemblies or individual components to be performed whilst allowing the associated cost to be identified. Liaise with Purchasing and Production Control if the impact of the NCR will effect production or delivery.
- Customer Liaison
- Internal auditing
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
Accountabilities & Performance Measures ,
- Accountable to your Team
- Your performance will be measured on current key performance indicators and annual EPDR
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications with an emphasis on GD&T
- Computer competent
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering ( Minimum )
- Quality Engineering experience
Advantage to have but not mandatory :-
- Pressure testing experience
- Auditing experience ISO9001
If you have the skills and experience for this role, please apply online or by calling Andy on 01706 863703
To view more jobs from Bamford Contract Services, Find us on Facebook bamfordcs or follow us on Twitter bamfordcs.