Here at Kerry Collins we are currently recruiting for a QA Operator for our clients based in Bloxwich.
Overview of the Quality Assurance Operative Role
You will be responsible to the Technical Manager for all quality assurance aspects for the curing of all pork products, whilst ensuring compliance with the Quality Manual and HACCP Food Safety Plan, including pork curing fabric and maintenance whilst producing safe and legal products which comply with customer specifications.
Duties of the QA Operative:
- Responsible for curing of all pork products ensuring compliance to all quality procedures and product specifications.
- Responsible for monitoring recipe make up of cure, temperature, cure pick up and batch control.
- Responsible for compliance to all the relevant Quality procedures, work instructions, CCP procedures by all employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that the relevant sections of the HACCP Food Safety Plan are implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of the Glass and Brittle plastics audit is competed with corrective actions where applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring Daily temperature / steriliser / housekeeping are completed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all records are completed correctly and archived in an organised manner.
- Responsible for quality procedure training where applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff observes the personal hygiene rules.
- Housekeeping – responsible for ensuring that all areas are kept clean and, in a food, safe condition always
- Administration – Responsible for ensuring that all data is generated accurately, recorded in a clear and legible manner.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a Food Industry background
Ideal Candidate for our QA Operative Role:
- Previous experience and /or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC) auditing and HACCP is desirable
- Have an Understanding of current legislation
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Please apply by emailing your CV to Michelle@kerrycollins.co.uk