Our Client are a leading global engineering manufacturer of specialist medium to heavy engineering component across various industry sector. Due to organic growth an opportunity has arisen within our client's state of the art manufacturing facility for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their team.
Our client is offering an attractive package including a salary of up to £35,500 dependent on experience. Other benefits include a 5% company pension scheme (rising to 7%), 31 days holiday, 6 monthly performance and salary reviews, employee's assistance programme and Product training.
Working alongside engineering, contract management, QA functions and supporting the inspection and manufacturing teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for all the Quality activity.
* Develop, apply and maintain quality policy standards and requirements.
* Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
* Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
* Participate in design development and improvement activity.
* Assist with Value Added Engineering activities, working with the Design dept to develop improvements in tolerancing and specification.
* Understand geometric tolerancing.
* Assist Sales (as required) to review customer contracts and change requests to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are put in place to achieve requirements.
* Analyse and report Non-Conformance Reports on a regular basis, identifying when Root Cause and Counter Measures are required, and subsequent follow ups and completions occur.
* Ensure appropriate investigation of discrepancies, errors, complaints, failures or adverse events requiring documented review and action.
* Interface with all departments to discuss quality related issues and strive for improvement, ensure timely close out of CARs.
* Assist in problem identification and resolution.
* Interface with suppliers used by the organization to assist in selection and evaluation and ensure records of this assessment are maintained.
* Interface with suppliers and customers regarding quality issues and ensure timely close out of CARs.
* Develop, execute and analyse reporting of quality trends and metrics
* Participate in internal and external quality Audits.
* Champion ISO9001:2015, Sabre and other International/Customer Quality Standards, and maintain compliance and certification - manage Audits.
* Lead the calibration process and ensure the company is fully compliant.
* Inspection of components and product outside of process (as required) - FAIR, Final Inspection, Repair Reports, Goods Received.
* Compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
Skills and abilities:
· Good verbal and written communication skills, including report / document writing
· Strong computer skills including, word processing, spreadsheets and databases
· Knowledge and experience in inspection methods, techniques and documentation
· Able to understand, interpret and implement international standards
· Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent plus 3-5 years' experience in quality and manufacturing required
· Experience in NDT methodology (PCN / ASNT) - especially MPI (Desirable)
· Must be knowledgeable in ISO9001:2015
You can expect an excellent salary of £32,000 - £35,500pa dependent on experience, 31 days holiday, company pension and free parking coupled with working in a modern working environment with parking and canteen facilities with secured permanent employment.
This is a permanent day shift position working 37.5 hours per week.