The client are a global manufacturer of clean and emission control technology. They were formed over 20 years ago and employ over 120,000 people worldwide throughout 35 countries.
The duties responsibilities are;
- Assures the consistency of the company quality indicators such as customer ppm, complaints etc
- Involved with plant quality of new programs and projects
- Responsible for the approval of initial samples and co-ordination of change management
- Ensure that only products that are fully approved are shipped to the client and has authority to stop any affected shipments.
- Drives the client complaint resolution process, follow up of action plans and ensures robustness of the process
- Manages derogation provided by the client
- Liaises with the customer dealing with technical issues and queries
- Performs audits at the client and monitor customer/product audits
- Perform internal audits to detect deviation in standards
- Defines and updates the inspection instructions according to the control plan
- Support production management in the implementation of the company quality standards
I am keen to see CV's from Quality Engineers, Technicians who hold the following skills and expertise;
- A strong working background of working in a client facing quality engineering role within an automotive environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience of carrying out product and process audits
- GD&T knowledge
- Working knowledge of PPAP / APQP
- Experience of FMEA's and ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- ISO norms (preferably ISOTS 16949)
- Ideally a degree in engineering (preferably a masters degree with a specialisation in mechanical engineering)
The company are based in Lichfield so is easily commutable from Tamworth, Cannock, Sutton Coldfield, Wolverhampton, Derby, Burton, Stafford, Birmingham etc
The company offers competitive holidays, pension, free on site parking, staff social events, a clean, modern working environment and a friendly team.
Days role - Monday to Friday - Full time
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.