Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, the Inspector will be responsible for ensuring customer specifications and expectations of quality are met.
Our client is a privately-owned sub-contract machining organisation that employs close to 50 people, due to organic growth and heightened demand of their services, they are now actively looking for an experienced Quality Inspector to permanently join their team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Perform in-process and final inspection using a full range of measuring equipment including Mitutoyo CMM (programmed by MCOSMOS)
- Produce inspection result reports for customer and internal use
- Operate the company non-conformance system, recommending corrective and preventative actions as appropriate
- To hand finish components in line with procedure WS004 as necessary.
- To mark components as detailed either on routings or drawings in line with company practice using various methods suitable for the application
- To carry out none destructive testing (Hardness, LPI and MPI, UT) on components and raw material. Produce relevant results certification and report on defective components.
- Assist in developing inspection techniques for components and situations that are not straightforward.
Package & Benefits:
- Salary: £24,336-£26,364
- Working Hours: Day shifts (38 hours per week)
- Monday to Thursday: 0800 to 1630
- Friday: 0800 - 1430
- Overtime: Regularly available (paid at 1.5)
- Currently working 2 hours per day and Saturday mornings
- Holiday Entitlement: 254 Hours per annum (including bank holidays) - approx. 33 Days
- Company Pension Scheme (enrolled after 3 months)
- Employer Contribution: 3%
- Employee Contribution: 5%
If you are an experienced Quality Inspector and your skills match this position, please contact E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269 or forward your CV to Callum Good at E3 Recruitment via email - or "apply on line" now
This position is being advertised on behalf of E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business.