We're working with one of the UK's leading manufacturing and assembly companies who have experienced exponential growth of over the last 12 months. Due to their current level of business and their continuous expansion plans they are looking to recruit for a Quality Inspector.
Reporting to the Inspection Leader, this role is all about being the customers eyes and conscious. The Quality Inspectors ensure the manufactured products meet the requirements of the job pack, drawings and customer's specifications; and in line with the Company's quality standards and procedures.
* Read and understand drawings, job pack instructions and customer's specifications.
* Understands all production processes which relate to the inspection and can use good judgement and discretion in determining acceptable standards.
* Dimensionally verify compliance of products to drawings and specifications
* Visually inspect the final product ensuring all instructions have been completed.
* Carry out other inspection duties when required
* Check that all "In Process" Inspection processes have been signed off correctly
* Report any errors or major discrepancies to the relevant level of authority so corrective actions can be taken
* Responsible in maintaining compliance with the Quality Management System
* Contribute to maintaining a safe working environment by following safety policies and procedures and by reporting any safety concerns
* To record and maintain inspection and test records.
* The promotion of quality system and procedures throughout the company.
* The control of non-conforming product, identification, segregation and disposition of, including internal scrap, rework, concessional items and customer returns.
* Carry out product/process audits.
* Support internal auditors carrying out system audits.
* Aid in the development of 'best practice' quality procedures within the manufacturing environment
Qualifications & Training:
* Preferred skills include: ISO and auditing experience, knowledge of quality planning tools including Risk Assessments (like Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or similar), Process Control Plan (PCP), Problem solving skills, Six sigma or statistical process control techniques and lean manufacturing philosophies
* Understanding of inspection measuring and test equipment within an engineering environment.
* Experienced in completing audits
* IT Literate, specifically Microsoft Office suite and database experience
What is offered to you in return?
My client is offering a highly competitive remuneration package in the region of £25k, pension, company laptop and mobile phone. Holiday entitlement is 25 days + stats.
|Location||Knaresborough, North Yorkshire||Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £25000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing/Production|