The company are global suppliers in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors to an assortment of industries. The business was founded over ten years ago and continues to grow. Due to retirement they have a new opportunity for a Quality Manager to join the business.
The manager will focus on compliance, customers and continuous improvement activities to create a total culture and reduce costs in line with best practice procedures.
Managing a team of one Team Leader and 4 Inspectors
- Review the Quality system as appropriate to ensure full compliance with customer and company best practice guidelines and maximise effectiveness of production contributing to consistent operational performance and standards whilst ensuring conformance to ISO9001, standards.
- The manager will recruit, develop, motivate and manage a QA team that optimises QA operations and is flexible in the support it offers the business, meeting current and future needs
- Manage the customer complaint procedure; facilitate the investigation of problems, faults and non-conformance's with production teams; manage corrective and preventative problems to ensure standards are maintained. Initiate and control robust investigations to provide corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and support the complaints handling process and participate in implementing improvement actions to prevent re-occurring issues
- As the manager you will lead initiatives and focus groups to support knowledge and understanding of all operatives and grow awareness of issues to improve quality
- Develop an Integrated Quality Management System including environmental
- Work with production and support functions to maintain and improve our systems and adherence to operational best practice thus guaranteeing compliance to external and internal standards
- Develop strong Customer relations through regular interaction with Customers, maintaining a high standard of outcome from Customer audits and by ensuring supply of the highest product
- Experienced Quality Manager is required at a senior management level
- Working and audit knowledge of ISO 9001, PS9000, 18001 and 14001
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment ideally with experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare or similar industries
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrable experience of leading change and implementing continuous improvement processes
- Competent in using Microsoft Office packages
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: £40k to £45k
- 26 days holiday with stats
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Regular Days: Monday to Friday
- Sickness pay scheme
- Training and Development
- Free parking on site
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.